For questions about Life Book contact Tam, Gracie or Maddie on willowing.arts AT gmail.com.
(Or leave a comment below)
(Or leave a comment below)
“Life Book, a celebration and honouring of YOU”
is a year-long mixed media art class
organised by Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts.
Tam is joined by 23 incredible art teachers who are all gearing up to share their mixed media techniques, tips and tricks with YOU! Themed around self-development and healing, you’ll be creating several loose mixed media art journal pages per month which by the end of the year you will bind into a glorious journal (a Life Book)! You will have a wonderful keepsake that you can treasure for the rest of your life!
REGISTRATION OPENS 1st October 2015!
Class Begins: January 1st 2016
Hello dear one! My name is Tam! Thank you for stopping by and checking out the Life Book information. Life Book is SUCH a precious project to me, I pour my be-end all into this baby. Let me tell you all about it. It’s kinda an offer you can’t refuse I’m sure! Over 3700+ wonderful people joined us on Life Book last year (and over 8700+ people have joined it since its inception in 2012!), it’s been an incredible experience (it’s still going as we speak).
People have learned so much! They’ve created such beautiful art work and they’ve been so brave when digging deeper into some of the personal development exercises! I receive uplifting emails almost daily from participants telling me how Life Book has enriched their lives (check out the testimonials by scrolling down or clicking here) I’m so honoured and blessed to be the host of this fantabulous course each year. I count my lucky stars every day!
In a nutshell, this is the Incredible Life Book 2016 offer:
◙ A minimum of 9 in depth Mixed Media Art Lessons by me: Tam (it usually ends up being more than that though because I get excited about all the new things I learn and find it difficult not to share haha!)
◙ 23 In depth Mixed Media Art Lessons by Spectacular Guest Teachers
(see below who the 2016 guest teachers are)
(see below who the 2016 guest teachers are)
◙ 20 (Smaller) Bonus Activities like: extra PDF prompts & step by steps/ artist interviews/ ATC swaps/ give aways/ audio meditations/ writing prompts etc by Tam & Guest Teachers
A promotional video for information about Life Book 2016
and a dose of ‘happy’ will be added to the page soon! :-)
So basically you continue to receive creative inspiration and prompts WEEKLY (without fail, every week there is something for you to enjoy) and all that for ONLY £80 GBP or approx $125 USD (the course content is valued at over $1500+ so you get a year filled with incredible lessons and inspiration for only a fraction of the retail price, is that awesome or awesome?) There is no catch here, just me and a bunch of awesome other artists wanting you to have access to a ‘library’ of inspiring & educational art lessons and personal development tools that help you enrich your life. Simple as that. :) I personally believe that practising self care through art & self enquiry creates happier people and happier people equals a better world (happy people are nice to others and spread light and goodness! and sometimes: muffins!!!).
I’m so excited about all the fantastic contributions this year! We have a range of truly incredible artists contributing their wisdom, light, beauty and artistic talent to the course, people like Tracy Verdugo, Pauline Agnew, Melody Ross and Donna Downey are only a handful of the amazing teachers contributing to Life Book 2016! (Scroll down to read about the entire teacher line up for LB2016!!)
Isn’t this just awesome? Of course, I am totally biased, but if I came across an offer like this myself: I would jump at the chance! Not only because you can download all the videos which means that even if you fall behind or if you can’t participate for a while, you can revisit the lessons at your own time in the future should you want to. :)
Price information and your opportunity to register for this amazing course starts on Oct 5th 2015! :)
Exciting right? :-) I get daily letters (deeply moving ones) from Life Book participants letting me know Life Book has enriched their lives. I feel so blessed and lucky to be able to provide a program that truly helps people feel better about themselves!
But let me stop gushing and let some of the Life Book students have their say.
Praise for Life Book by current (gorgeous) Participants
Life Book – More Information and Teacher Line Up!
How does Life Book work?
Once you have sent payment through you will be added to a private group on the willowing.ning site and you will be invited to join the Life Book Facebook & Flickr Groups. Each week a new lesson is posted in the ning group. You will be notified by email every Monday that a new lesson is up. You will find download instructions in the lesson thread.
How are the lessons structured?
Tam will provide 10 mixed media lesson throughout the year which will be posted on every 1st Monday of the month and this year there are 25 contributing mixed media teachers who will each provide a lesson for a month they’ve been assigned to (these lessons will be posted each 3rd and 4th Monday of the month).
In addition there will be extra things happening the other weeks: artist interviews to inspire you, journal prompts to encourage you, extra art exercises, meditations, ATC swaps, art tips and tricks, give-aways you name it! This course will be overflowing with lessons, inspiration and stuff to keep you busy the whole year!!You will become part of a thriving, buzzing, creative community with opportunities to make new connections, learn many new mixed media styles and techniques and make new arty friends!
You will be able to:
- Download all class materials to your machine, keep them forever
- Learn many new mixed media techniques and styles
- Grow and develop both personally and artistically
- Receive extra inspiration, like PDF worksheets, art journal prompts, ATC swaps, guided visuations & meditations, artist interviews etc!
- Connect with like-minded creative people
- Make new artistic connections
- Become part of a buzzing/ thriving art community for a whole year!
About Tam's Lessons - Tam provides completely new (unseen) art lessons to Life Book each year (there are no repeat lessons apart from the binding videos posted in December). Please note: the personal development themes will overlap/ be similar and be repeats from previous years and may include meditations that have been included before. Though the art lessons are new each year, techniques that were covered in previous years may be repeated. Tam’s Life Book lessons become available in a self study group once the Life Book year is finished. These classes are called; Life Book Tam Editions.
will be published soon! :)
Who can sign up to Life Book? I haven’t ever done any art, can I join too?
Darling, OF COURSE YOU CAN! Life Book is for EVERYONE! :) Sure, the course will be easier if you’ve done some art already, but don’t deprive yourself of learning the awesome magic making and healing power of art just because you haven’t done it before! The course is suitable for beginners/ intermediates and masters alike! Everyone will get something different out of the course. The course is run in an open, supportive, inclusive and encouraging environment where you can play, experiment, make a ‘fool’ of yourself and start all over again! There will be no judgement, we will only love you and encourage you! :) All lessons are conducted in such a way that you can follow the tutors step by step, so you can do what they do, and if that bores you, then you can go totally off the rails and do your own thing inspired by their lesson! Sounds good? :) You are loved and welcome here, no matter what skill level, for serious! :D xoxoox
Things to consider before joining:
Life Book is all about “inclusivity” and welcomes every person no matter gender, ethnicity, religious background or age. That said, the course might not be suitable for you if:
- You are under the age of 18 – it is recommended that children and teenagers do the course with a parent or custodian mainly because of the personal development element of the course. (Many parents have done the course with their teenage or younger children, if you have questions about this pls email us on willowing.arts AT gmail.com).
- If you are bothered by references that are more ‘new age/ “woo woo”‘ in nature. We may refer to concepts such ‘the inner goddess’, ‘the muse’, “Intuition”, “Shamanism”, “Mandalas”, “Crystals”, “Yoga”, “Sacred Ritual”, “Being Here Now” etc.
- If you strongly do not enjoy or if you do not want to be exposed to personal development/ healing concepts (though these sections can be skipped)
- If you are hoping that each lesson will present a completely new technique and that no technique is ever repeated. Each lesson is fresh and newly created by each teacher, BUT we all work in the same field, so we will likely overlap with some techniques here and there. That doesn’t mean you don’t learn anything new because we all do something different with each technique, each teacher has their own unique style and creates amazing work, just be aware that some techniques may overlap or that some styles are similar.
- If you hope that Life Book can be the sole treatment for an existing mental health issue (Life Book can be used in support of a therapy treatment, but should not be used as the only treatment for a mental health issue.)
- If you don’t like drawing faces/ portraits. Though all lessons are different and many lessons will not include drawing/ painting a face, expect approx 30-40% of the lessons to include a face of some sorts (either attached to a little whimsical body or as an actual portrait by itself). The rest of the lessons can include: abstract shapes, natural shapes (flowers/ trees etc), animals, landscapes including houses etc.
What do I need and need to know in order to join Life Book 2015?
- You will need a highspeed internet connection to be able to download and the videos. If you have a slower connection you can stream the videos online and/ or learn through the PDFs, but the best option is to have a highspeed internet connection.
- It will be helpful to have a basic understanding of IT, like reading emails, navigating sites like Facebook and flickr etc. If you’re having trouble with some IT related stuff some help can be given, but in depth IT guidance cannot be given.
you are planning on downloading and keeping the videos you will need to
make sure you have “a few” gigabites available. Each video can be
between 200 – 900 MB in size. Multiply that by at least 32 lessons and
you can see you’ll need quite a bit of space! (Aim for a minimum of
80gbs – we recommend you buy a separate external harddrive to which you
can download all the lessons). Unfortunately I am unable to offer the
entire class on DVD/ CD (it would be at least 20 DVDs).
- Be aware that you will have access to the Life Book content until the end of January 2016, so make sure you download what you want throughout the year, DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE, because the content will really disappear after Jan 31st 2016.
- With regards to the personal development exercises: please understand that none of the art teachers on the course are qualified psychotherapists or psychologists. Therefore if you are prone to depression or if you think you might be triggered through one of the healing exercises it’s important that you only embark upon the healing exercises knowing that you have an adequate support system around in the form of friends, family and/or a therapist to help you deal with painful stuff should this happen. Though there will be an ’emotional support thread’ on the course available, the teachers and I are not able to provide you with in depth emotional support (as much as we would want to!)
- This course should not be considered a substitute or a replacement for face-to-face therapy. It is designed to help and encourage the participant to love and accept themselves more fully through personal development exercises and connecting with their inner creative nature. Participants who suffer from any kind of mental health issues are advised to seek the help from mental health professionals. Life Book can be used as a supplement to any therapy treatment, but should not be used as a main form of treatment for any mental health issues.
course is not based on any specific religious faith but may refer to
and base lessons on and around ‘non-dual’ teachings. The course is
inclusive of every human being regardless of their chosen faith (or
non-faith). The theme focus of the course is ‘self-development/
self-love/ self-healing’. We may refer to concepts such as: “The Goddess
in You”, “Intuition”, “Shamanism”, “Mandalas”, “Crystals”, “Yoga”,
“Sacred Ritual”, “Being Here Now” etc.
Who are the awesome artists contributing to Life Book?
Hold on to your seats, guys, we have yet another fantastic line-up!! :D
Teacher Line Up to be published early September.
Ready to Sign Up?!
Registration opens on October 5th 2015
More Praise for Life Book!
“I always thought my creativity and abilities would not be enough to paint anything worthwile. I started life book, learned so many different methods and developed so much personally and artistically that I now think about starting a creative business! When I really look at my life I always wanted to do something creative and didn´t have the guts… I thought I was not skilled, creative, good enough even to try! Life book changed that feeling and my art skilles about 180°! (Thank you, Tam!!!) It makes you stretch out of your comfort zone and makes you reach for the stars – and you will reach at least the moon! :-)” – Leila Freiburg (a.k.a.”Amy”); Germany
“An amazing course that spans a whole year, and has lessons from some amazing artists that have really inspired me to try new techniques.” – Monique Green, Surrey (UK)
“It’s a fantastic self-paced course with world wide, well known instructors teaching methods in a way that anyone can create great works of art. The course also helps to expand the mind opening the door to creative thoughts that have been dormant in some and locked in others. With visual instruction along with readable content and available help 24/7 makes it THE online art course to enroll in! “ – Connie Foster Bissell – Marshfield, MO USA
“Life Book is a wonderful, Year Long, Art course. With new lessons by different teachers each week. It’s fun, and challenging, and it’s full of amazing techniques, I’m learning about new to me mediums, which is great! And there’s a personal development aspect too, which I love. There is so much to it and it’s very reasonably priced …. it’s exciting and wonderful! And at the end of the year all these pieces of art you created will be bound into an amazing book. You get lots of support and encouragement… and help when you need it. And you work at your own pace. “WOW” ….I really LOVE Life Book! ;) “
– Phoebe Thibault-Sherrard, in Kitchener, Ontario
– Phoebe Thibault-Sherrard, in Kitchener, Ontario